April 18, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Discrimination in the Aging & Disabled Populations
Tuesday, February 20, 2024
10:00am – 11:30am
*1.5 Social Work CEUs – Pending Approval
Cost: $15 per NASW Member and $25 per non-member
In order to receive Social Work CEUs, you will need to complete the online evaluation that will be sent after the training.
You will be asked to pay the above fee on the NASW website once you complete the evaluation.
*1.5 Nursing CEUs Available
These will need to be purchased as a separate ticket below along with your registration ticket.
THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS AND
ONE DAY BEFORE THE WEBINAR AS A REMINDER.
(Always check your Spam folder as well for the email to the webinar link)
Our disabled and aging populations are often the ones left behind. Statistics show by year 2030 in PA, 1 in 5 will be over 65 and the need for services will increase with this same population. Are you often faced with challenges for the Aging? How about being in need of services for those that are disabled or have disabilities? This session will address some of the significant issues faced by our aging population and describe some helpful ways to foster meaningful relationships and garner supports for families. We will highlight several of the generational needs and assumptions that are often overlooked by the community while unlocking some key adversities of those with special needs. We will also touch on the impact that social determinants of health play as it relates to the aging and disabled. A PPT and handouts will be shared as well.
- Gain better understanding of statistics as it relates to the Aging and Disability Populations
- Learn key tips to always being inclusive of these identified populations
- Key considerations when seeking supports and services for Aging and Disability Individuals
- Learn important ways to be pro-active when considering generational needs of others
Lisa Kennedy is a single parent of 4 adult children and grandmother of 4 as well. She is a former Foster Parent and an Adoptive Parent. She’s also currently an Elected School Board Director for The School District of the City of York and a Family Peer Support Specialist. Lisa has spent more than 20 plus years supporting, educating, and advocating for children and families. She enjoys growing and learning through the many opportunities afforded her while engaged in workshops/trainings with others. Lisa has had the opportunity to present locally and across the state of PA in various areas such as education, family support, and mental health needs. She sits on many local, state and national committees and boards in the aforementioned areas.
Social Work – “NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. Upon approval, 1.5 CEUs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
Nursing – Penn State Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Participants with a valid RN license that attend the entire Nursing Continuing Professional Development program (NCPD), can earn 1.5 contact hours.; partial contact hours are not awarded.
~If you have any questions, please email Allison Fisher at email@example.com~
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.