Healthy Aging: Keep the Golden Years Feeling Golden
Wednesday, September 21, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
2.0 social work CEUs available
This program is made possible through a grant from the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation, a regional Foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.
As the age expectancy of adults has risen, we want to continue to live our best lives as long as possible! Research has shown that there are a number of ways we can be proactive with health in older adulthood. This training will provide steps that older adults can take to gain and maintain health across four life domains: physical health, cognitive health, social health, and emotional health. While some health risks are more common in older adulthood, we will discuss strategies for preventative health and healthy recovery from illness or injury. Finally, we will discuss tips on building healthy habits, how to get motivated to make changes, and how to make them part of lifestyle, so that the golden years stay feeling golden throughout life!
- Identify ways to gain and maintain health across several important life domains: physical
health, cognitive health, social health, and emotional health.
- Discuss risks to health more common in older adults, and strategies for avoiding or overcoming them.
- Review ways to make new habits and integrate them into lifestyle.
Target Audience: Professionals and family members who work and/or care for older adults as well as any older adults who are interested in staying healthy in their golden years.
Facilitator: Erin Edwards
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.