October 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Mental Health Roadmap
Monday, October 16, 2023
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Greater Harrisburg Community Foundation,
a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
10:00am – 11:30am
*1.5 Social Work Credits – Pending Approval
THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS AND
ONE DAY BEFORE THE WEBINAR AS A REMINDER.
(Always check your Spam folder as well for the email to the webinar link)
Mental Health Roadmap is a walk through on how to empower individuals and loved ones to better understand the basics of the mental health system, understanding the uses of insurance, and how to make the most informed decisions for yourself and/or loved ones. If you are struggling with accessing services, understanding the barriers to getting what you need or simply knowing what to do next, join us and be guided through the phases of getting the diagnosis and wondering what is next. When faced with the daunting responsibility of caring for your loved ones, we are often unequipped with the knowledge and tools to best support them. This course takes you on a journey from the initial mention of a “something just isn’t right” to learning how to ask the important questions of system providers. Participants will receive materials to help guide them along the way. If you are struggling with understanding what to do when presented with certain challenges or want to learn how to exercise your voice to advocate for yourself or for others, Mental Health Roadmap offers a meaningful opportunity to embrace these challenges and walk away with useful tools and resources.
- Embrace the process of accessing services and navigating the mental health system
- Learn how to better understand the language of systems
- Learn key tips to utilizing your voice and/or advocating on behalf of others
Lisa Kennedy is a single parent of 4 adult children and grandmother of 4 as well. She is a former Foster Parent and an Adoptive Parent. She’s also currently an Elected School Board Director for The School District of the City of York and a Family Peer Support Specialist. Lisa has spent more than 20 plus years supporting, educating, and advocating for children and families. She enjoys growing and learning through the many opportunities afforded her while engaged in workshops/trainings with others. Lisa has had the opportunity to present locally and across the state of PA in various areas such as education, family support, and mental health needs. She sits on many local, state and national committees and boards in the aforementioned areas.
“NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. If approved, 1.5 CEUs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at email@example.com to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.