March 12, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Preparing Families for Raising Grandchildren from Diverse Generational Lenses – Part #1
Wednesday, May 18, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Live Meeting-Style Webinar
*It is highly recommended that you attend both sessions. The second session (Part #2) will be held on Monday, September 19 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. You can register for Part #2 here. *
This program is made possible through a generous grant from the Greater Harrisburg Community Foundation, a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.
PART 1 (May 18):
Description: In Preparing Families for Raising Grandchildren from Diverse Generational Lenses, Part 1, we will discuss the challenges associated with balancing the needs of children while learning to understand new methods and systems. We will tackle tips to better understand the role Covid-19 has played on the mental health of children while learning to establish effective routines to balance the needs of the family. Special focus will be given to recognizing the impact of being a multi-generational family unit and how this can affect outcomes for families. Handouts and resources will be shared.
- Identify ways Covid-19 has impacted families across diverse areas
- Highlight the importance of mental health for others and yourself
- Gain key strategies to managing family needs from differing lenses
- Learn strategies to re-establish routines and balance life’s demands
Target Audience: Grandparents, Case managers, social workers, agency leaders/supervisors and other caregivers for children
Facilitator: Lisa Kennedy
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.