April 18, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Tuesday, March 12, 2024
10:00am – 11:30am
1.5 Social Work CEUs – Pending Approval
Cost: $15 per NASW Member and $25 per non-member
In order to receive Social Work CEUs, you will need to complete the online evaluation that will be sent after the training.
You will be asked to pay the above fee on the NASW website once you complete the evaluation.
1.5 Nursing CEUs – Pending Approval
Upon approval, these will need to be purchased as a separate ticket below.
THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS AND
ONE DAY BEFORE THE WEBINAR AS A REMINDER.
(Always check your Spam folder as well for the email to the webinar link)
Grief is a natural response to loss. How is grief of the professional different? Does it affect our work? Does it affect the professional personally? What do you do with the feelings and effects it produces? This workshop is aimed at addressing the grief of the professional and techniques for coping. If you work in a field that results in multiple client losses due to death this can be an invaluable opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally.
• To provide understanding about grief in general and grief from a professional relationship
• To provide an understanding of various techniques available for processing through grief
• To engage in a technique of interest
This training is for caregivers, nurses, socials workers and any other professionals who work in a field that results in client loss due to death.
Lisa Kennedy is a single parent of 4 adult children and grandmother of 4 as well. She is a former Foster Parent and an Adoptive Parent. She’s also currently an Elected School Board Director for The School District of the City of York and a Family Peer Support Specialist. Lisa has spent more than 20 plus years supporting, educating, and advocating for children and families. She enjoys growing and learning through the many opportunities afforded her while engaged in workshops/trainings with others. Lisa has had the opportunity to present locally and across the state of PA in various areas such as education, family support, and mental health needs. She sits on many local, state and national committees and boards in the aforementioned areas.
“NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. Upon approval, 1.5 CEUs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
Penn State Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Upon approval, participants with a valid RN license that attend the entire Nursing Continuing Professional Development program (NCPD), can earn 1.5 contact hours.; partial contact hours are not awarded.
*If you have any questions, please email Allison Fisher at email@example.com*
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.