March 12, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
UNDERSTANDING ANXIETY &
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the
Robert C. Hoffman Foundation Charitable Endowment Trust
Monday May 15, 2023
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Adams County Emergency Center
230 Greenamyer Lane
Gettysburg, PA 17325
1.5 hrs. of Social Work
Continuing Education Credits Available
AN EMAIL REMINDER WILL BE SENT TO YOU TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE PRESENATION
(Always check your Spam folder as well for our emails)
Do worry, fear, anxiety and uncertainty inhibit your daily life? Do you avoid people or activities that are important to you? Does your mind seem filled with overwhelming thoughts and emotions? Join us to gain a better understanding of types of anxiety and depression and how they can impact your life or the life of others. Together, we will discuss tools and tips to support someone who struggles with emotional disorders. We will also engage in meaningful conversation around balancing situational anxiety/depression and defining on-going emotional challenges to determine the differences. We will use examples to build your toolkit of resources for yourself or to aid others in daily living.
- Define anxiety and depression
- Describe how stressful life events may be linked to emotional disorders, i.e., anxiety, depression, mood disorder
- Describe primary features of stress responses connected to anxiety/depression
- Assess the role one’s environment may play in emotional disorders
- Learn key tips to help better understand situational circumstances versus long term emotional disorders
Lisa Kennedy is a single parent of 4 adult children and grandmother of 4 as well. She is a former Foster Parent and an Adoptive Parent. She’s also currently an Elected School Board Director for The School District of the City of York and a Family Peer Support Specialist. Lisa has spent more than 20 plus years supporting, educating, and advocating for children and families. She enjoys growing and learning through the many opportunities afforded her while engaged in workshops/trainings with others. Lisa has had the opportunity to present locally and across the state of PA in various areas such as education, family support, and mental health needs. She sits on many local, state and national committees and boards in the aforementioned areas.
“NASW-PA Chapter will be a co-sponsor of this workshop. 1.5 CEs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at email@example.com to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.