April 18, 2024 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Understanding Implicit Bias:
Unconscious Influences on Decision Making
Thursday, January 11, 2024
This program is funded by a grant from the York County Community Foundation for York County
9:30am – 12:00pm
*2.5 Social Work CEUs – Pending Approval
No Additional Cost
THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS AND
ONE DAY BEFORE THE WEBINAR AS A REMINDER.
(Always check your Spam folder as well for the email to the webinar link)
This workshop is an extension of “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace”. In this interactive training , we will dive deeper into the importance of recognizing Implicit Bias. Addressing Implicit Bias is not only a matter of social justice and equality, but it also has tangible benefits for individuals, organizations and society as a whole. We will focus on understanding Implicit Bias from how it develops, the various types and the impact it has and how we can do our part to overcome it.
- Develop an understanding of Implicit Bias and how it develops.
- Identify different types and how to recognize them in everyday life.
- The impact of Implicit Bias and the consequences of ignoring it.
- Strategies to help overcome Implicit Bias for individuals and organizations.
- Ways to assess and monitor Implicit Bias.
Lydia DeBrest-Madison is an Operations Analyst with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and Minor in Marketing. She has over 20 years of experience in Customer Service and Healthcare. Lydia has worked with various call centers managing client relationships, supervising sales teams, training new hires and most recently providing support and training to Primary Care Providers in the Medicare Sector. Lydia also serves as Board Member for CocoLife Black, a non profit organization focused on educating, empowering and supporting minority women and their communities when it comes to Maternal Health and addressing race related disparities.
“NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. Upon approval, 2.5 CEUs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
*If you have any questions, please email Allison Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org*
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at email@example.com to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.